Monday, January 28, 2013

Oysters on the Half Shell

Ever since I moved to California, I have developed a new found love for oysters.  In the past I always avoided them, but after discovering some Kumomoto oysters here in San Francisco, I realized my distain for them was very mistaken. 

I now find myself actually craving them.... especially when they're paired with a delicious mignonette sauce.  So, soooo good!

I'd have them at home more often but unfortunately, my boyfriend is allergic to shellfish so I do my best to keep any creature that inhabits a shell out of our apartment......  

However, the Hog Island Oyster Bar in the Ferry Building here in San Francisco is incredible for when you have a hankering for a taste of these delectable treats.






Here is a tutorial on how to shuck them 












xoxo
Meg

No comments: