Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pink Meets White

Many...if not most girls when they are young love, love, love the color pink and I was no exception.  I had to have pink dresses, pink shoes, a pink blanket (that I cleverly named what else but Pinky)...true story.  I even had a pink Barbie Malibu house...I mean it was Barbie's bachelorette pad...what other color would it be but hot pink?

I loved the color so much that I was even adamant that not only should the color inhabit my closet/toys but my food as well.  During this phase I insisted that my "chocolate" milk only be made with that pink Hershey's syrup...mind you I never liked to drink it...I'm not even sure I want to think about what was even in that stuff....appearance wise though I was completely onboard....taste wise not so much.  Same went for Kix Berries definitely wasn't into anything about it other than the fact it had pink in it....and let's be honest there are some things that just do not and should not be strawberry flavored...it's just so not right.....

Then something happened.  One day, as is true with a lot of girls....I didn't really like pink anymore.  It felt, well just too saccharine and plain too girly.  Even more so by the time I entered college I wouldn't be caught dead in the color.  It was almost offensive and an admission to being a girly girl and that I didn't want to be.  Instead I wanted everything blue, dark green, grey and tons and tons of black (I went to college in NYC) so technically black isn't just a shade but a color in its own right. 

Then recently a shift in my preference to the color occurred....I actually liked it again, really liked it.  I've found myself drawn to all shades of it from bubblegum (think Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's) to neon pink as an accessory accent and hot pink for a punch of color to my lips.  I am once again sold.  I've been noticing it a lot lately gracing the pages of glossy magazine pages and what I like even more about the color this time around is pairing it with a crisp white that adds a sense of sophistication/grownup-esque vibe to pink.

The following are a few of my favorite pairings and inspiration to different ways to pair this amazing color combination.....















Faux Ostrich in light pink or White Miu Miu





Lady Like in Pink with Lacey White Shorts and White Peplum Top with Pink Texture 







The Mix of Pink and White in the Home








Rosy Pink and Vanilla White Combination in Ice Cream









Lovely and Pretty







White with Mixed Edges Would Look Great Next to a Crystal Pink Vase

xoxo
Meg

No comments: