Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Musings...



Watercolors 


I hope everyone had a great weekend!  I was able to enjoy the nice weather we were having here on Saturday and take in a hike along the Lands End trail.....have dinner with friends in Palo Alto at this amazing tapas restaurant Joya (I highly recommend ordering the mushroom paella and mixed ceviche) so good! 


I also got to check out the Fillmore Jazz Festival that was filled with tons of vendors, good food and of course jazz music.   


Now on to today's subject....watercolors.  I love the softness and blurred edges of paintings that use this medium.  Most of all I guess I just really like how 'imperfectly perfect' the effect of using them are on the image..


To my delight in addition to enjoying seeing this painting style in artwork, I've seen watercolors popping up everywhere from dresses to home decor.  So, I want to share with you some items that incorporate this subdued painting style...that I can't keep looking at and wanting...






Variety of mushrooms print from Miss Capricho







Slingbacks get colorful 
























Painting your own postcards will make you want to send them out way more often...







Lovely 50's style painted scene dress


xoxo
Meg



No comments: