Thursday, June 14, 2012

If you like that, then try this...


In this week's series of "if you like that, try this", I wanted to move on from restaurant recommendations to my other love....shopping!! 

When I used to live in Brooklyn I just adored this area of primarily local owned stores on Franklin Street, in the Greenpoint neighborhood.  


While, here in San Francisco my new adopted go-to neighborhood has become the Mission.  Most likely because of the similarities between the energy, atmosphere and style of the people walking around.  It really reminds me so much of the memories I have of my time spent living in Brooklyn.  

Therefore, this week I wanted to share with you two stores that I absolutely adore and that if enjoyed shopping at one of these places you'd surely like the other one too!  




Try, that...

Dalaga NYC
Located at:
150 Franklin Street, Brooklyn, NY and their new additional location...
85 Kenmare St. NY, NY)




The owner's and sales people of my first recommendation are... warm, helpful and give the best suggestions of new items that have come in, to finding you the size you need.  

My favorite purse is from this store and it is my go to accessory. Anytime I wear it I am demanded to know where it was purchased from.










Inside of Dalaga











Cobalt blue, pleats and remnant of something you'd wear in the 70's 














Cascading earrings, that I think are very glamorous 














Cut-out oxfords









Try this, Bell Jar:
Located at:
(3187 16th street, San Francisco, CA)

"The bell jar hung, suspended, a few feet above my head.  I was open to circulating air." 
-Sylvia Plath

The Bell Jar is such a great boutique.  It's located in the Mission District.  Right on the amazing stretch that is Guerrero Street.... and it offers an endless option of adorable dresses, to jewelry, home decor and they even have an amazing apothecary all inside this one boutique! 

This store is an absolute favorite of mine!! 

A look inside The Bell Jar









Love this yellow display case











What a chic version of a romper













Long antler cuff from House of Harlow 











Crochet maxi skirt



xoxo
Meg

No comments: