Monday, May 7, 2012

Flea Market

Every first Sunday of each month there's the 'Alameda Point Antiques Faire' that's held right across the bridge in the east bay.  You have to get there pretty early in order to get your hands on all the good items, but it's totally worth setting your alarm on a Sunday for.  


Back when I was living in NY I used to love going to the various antique and flea markets around town in hopes of finding a rare item to add to my ever growing collection of home decor.  Little did I know that before I went to Alameda, I had never truly been to a real flea market.  


The market is huge.  It's filled with the most unusual and random finds from over 800 vendors and all items are 20 years old or older.  This past Sunday I was able to find a dresser from the 1930's, an old metal skull from Indonesia, frames, burlap sacks, and a collectible vintage cast iron bakeware pan.  Plus, some findings from wandering around the different booths...





Amazing white coral


In love with these European grain sacks


Game of croquet perhaps?


Found items 


Refueled with a buckwheat crepe avec fromage, jambon et champignons 
from this delicious place! The buckwheat ones are gluten free!!!



Pretty glasses


Old tires re-made into flower pots!


Incredible vintage suitcases and hat boxes 


More suitcases....they make me want to go on a trip, if only to have the chance to carry one!


Metal elephant bookends


xoxo
 Meg

No comments: