Thursday, September 6, 2012

Let's Cleanse

So with a wedding back East to attend in a couple of weeks and a vacation behind me I've been debating doing a system re-charge with a juice cleanse (along with about every other woman in my office).  

I've done cleanses before and have had mixed feelings about them...I have pretty much figured out that my "fasting" stamina begins to taper off around day 3...after that 'I cannot be held responsible for words I've spoken out of hunger'.

Therefore, this time around I want to try one that has it all figured out for you (its hard for me to concentrate on planning a meal when I'm having hunger pangs).  

The following are a few of the ones that are highly rated and don't require a whole week's commitment...which I and anyone else around me will surely appreciate. 






I hear this one is a little bit more hardcore, since it's only juices as meal replacements and some of them are pretty green...but I also hear that most of them are tasty and very effective.  Bonus points: they deliver all over the Bay Area and are now available at Whole Foods and I love the convenience factor! 










This local company uses the freshest ingredients that are made up of whole, organic fruits and vegetables, herbal teas, raw nuts, fresh herbs and spices.  What I like about this one is during the 3-day cleanse, is that one of the "meals" includes a savory soup so you feel like you're at least getting to eat something (Also: for cleanse cheaters like me you're allowed "permissible" foods when you're body is telling you that you need something else....such as cucumbers, 1/2 avocado, jicama etc.) Plus, how can you not love their packaging? 







While I've never commited to one of their full cleanse programs before, I have tried their juices and raw food items.  It can be a little pricey (but when aren't fresh pressed juice cleanses) but I think they're really yummy and with their good tasting options it doesn't feel as like you are missing out on the taste of food as much.  

Do you do juice cleanses? If so, are there any particular one's you like? Let me know!

xoxo
Meg

1 comment:

Elizabeth Malfitani said...

Hey MEG! I've never done a complete juice cleanse, but my favorite thing to do after a weekend of eating/drinking (that works and is inexpensive) is to eat a lot of organic raw or steamed fruits and vegetables Mon-Fri...green tea etc...the standard. I drink 100% pure aloe gel as well. It's great for digestion and healing but tastes pretty bad.. but its okay served over ice. Also, slicing cucumber and jicama together, and then squeezing lime juice over it and sprinkling with cayenne pepper is great if you want a satisfying snack!