Friday, August 24, 2012

Natural Nutrition Remedies

I'll be honest I'm not 100% sold on doing everything the homeopathic/natural route...like if my back is really killing me I still think Advil does a better job of easing the pain than a remedy from the local health store...

However, when it comes to food, especially when I can tell my body is in major need of an overhaul and feeling sluggish....I do think good old healthy nutritious food fixes are the way to go.  

Mental Clarity:
Berries, especially blueberries help your memory, increase your alertness and provides essential antioxidants.  






Calming:
Greens such as bok choy and broccoli rabe are great additions to your diet because they are known for revving up your "digestive health" since they contain a high source of fiber and help in "calming" digestion!





Energizing:
As if you really need another reason to indulge your chocolate habit....at least now you can attribute the daily consumption of it to making a health conscious eating decision.  Dark chocolate contains flavonoids that increase your blood flow to brain even hours after eating...cinnamon is another great booster too!





Mood-booster:
Bananas are rich in potassium.... which aids in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels and when that's in check it can help you maintain a better mood throughout the day.



Sleep-Aid: 
Foods that contain amino acid glycine like seaweed can be a beneficial food to add to your diet, especially if you find yourself constantly wishing for a better night's sleep.



xoxo
Meg


No comments: