Thursday, July 19, 2012

Decorative Items

Ever since I moved into my current apartment I have had everything and anything home decor on the brain.  Since I live with my boyfriend (who didn't even have plates in his apartment before we moved in together).... I have been given full control for the first time ever to do the decorating. 


For anyone who loves home decor as much as I do this was beyond exciting to me!  I constantly find myself looking everywhere for inspiration, from design magazines, other blogs and flea markets.  I mainly wanted to get items that added a personal touch to our home... as well as have items that represent the two of us...the current room I want to tackle is finishing up our living room...mainly the bookshelf in there.  


One of the best things I discovered when searching for an apartment in San Francisco was the beautiful details and architecture of a good amount of the buildings here. 


After scouring what felt like the entire city we finally found our perfect fit and one of the details that absolutely sold me on our place was the built in bookshelf in our living room.


The following are some decorative items that I'm wanting to add to the organization and decoration of the great and detailed bookshelf we have! 








A Decorative Sailboat that Reminds me of 
Growing up by the Water...






Golden Gate Bridge Bookends ... a perfect way to keep books organized and show love for this amazing city



I've always love Voluspa candles they make any room smell wonderful and have such a pretty decorative tin.  I was recently given the French Cade & Lavender one as a gift and I've been burning it every night since! 






A Lovely Vase to Place Fresh Cut Flowers

xoxo
Meg

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so bad at decorating, I tend to live on the bare minimum.

Meg Goes to Market said...

My decorating skills have definitely only evolved over time...as well as some trial and error!