Thursday, May 24, 2012

Workout: New Gear-list



Along with refreshing all the other clothing items in your closet and packing away the heavy sweaters (well, maybe not if you're in SF: enter summer fog), it's also time to switch out and replenish those workout clothes! 

When I moved to San Francisco, I quickly found out that trendy workout clothes were just as an important of a staple as your everyday clothes.  And that it is perfectly acceptable to wear your fitness wear outside the gym. 

At first this was hard for me to swallow.  In NY you hear women profusely apologizing for meeting their girlfriends for brunch without changing out of their yoga outfits.  

I on multiple occasions had overheard the same apology "I'm so sorry! Excuse my outfit, my yoga class let out late and I didn't have time to go home and change, forgive the way I look!" 

While here in S.F., if I go to brunch on a Saturday a.m. more than half the tables are sporting evidence of their earlier sweat sessions (and not in schleppy sweats I might add, but stylish lululemon-esque ensembles) I immediately want to hang my head in shame for having my first activity of the day be ordering an omelet and coffee instead of hitting that morning kickboxing class like the adorably clad group of ladies at the next table have obviously done. 

So below, are some perfectly acceptable fitness outfits to take you from your workout to brunch to errands to meeting up with some friends for coffee! 


Look # 1:



           

     Mixed stripes tank top           






            

   Red double-layer sports bra





     
                  

  Black 3/4 legging 








Black funnel neck  zip-up





Look # 2 :




White tank cami top







Neon lime sports bra 






Sneak peek neon lime capri 






Navy and hint of lime zip-up






Look # 3: 


Pink, grey and tie bottom tank 








Pink sports bra









'Live in' leggings 








grey mesh zip-up




Plus, some awesome Memorial Day sales going on this coming weekend, to get even more workout wear options!

  • Lucy Activewear for great leggings and tops! 
  • The Shop at Equinox is having a 50% blowout sale at all their locations!
  • Gap Body up to 40% 
  • REI in SOMA is also having a huge sale to stock up on your favorite fitness gear




xoxo
Meg









No comments: