Friday, May 25, 2012

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

I've always loved Memorial Day weekend, as it really seems to be the kickoff to summertime! 


Growing up in Southampton on Long Island, it's the first major weekend when "the city people" begin their weekly (weekend) pilgrimage from Manhattan out east.  


Suddenly, every restaurant begins to get packed, you're sitting in traffic and there is nowhere to park in the village.... and it was great because it meant that hot and leisurely days spent at the beach were just about to begin...


Although, I'm a little sad I won't be getting to spend Memorial Day in Southampton doing all the usual traditions with friends and family, there are a bunch of things going on in SF that I'm really looking forward to! 


I'm excited for a nice and fun filled long weekend that will consist of hitting up a flea market outside the city with some girlfriends, going to my first Oakland A's game (they will be playing the Yankees!), and trying out a new restaurant for date night somewhere in the Mission! 






Here are some more things that caught my eye to check out:













Pleasanton Antiques & Collectibles, can't wait to see 
what treasures are to be found this Sunday 













Golden Gate Bridge: 75th Anniversary Festival May 26th and 27th












Farmers Market Berry Basket Blast 

(p.s. tip to prevent your berries from getting moldy)












Decorator Showcase: this is any home design lover's dream event
 and it's being held this weekend at 2020 Jackson.




I hope you all have a wonderful long weekend!! 


xoxo
Meg



2 comments:

Linda A.B. Miller said...

2 thumbs up for Meg Goes To Market bloodspot!! I read as many as I could find last night and am uber-impressed with your choice of topics, images and resources - kudos to my beautiful and talented niece!
Love & xxxooo Aunt Linda

Linda A.B. Miller said...

oops, that should've read blog spot - damn spellcheck!