Monday, January 7, 2013

Emerald Green With Envy

Pantone Color of 2013: Emerald Green

Hello there! I hope everyone had a wonderful first week of 2013.  Starting it off with happy new beginnings!  I have taken some time away from keeping up this blog and I've really missed doing it! So I am very happy to say in the new year I will be sharing with all of you regularly once again! 

While the start of each new year is a time for new resolutions, new goals, and new prospects, a thing like new trends also seem to emerge as well.

Every year, Pantone announces what the official "in" color of the year ahead will be...last year it was tangerine and while I think it is a very pretty color... because of my skin tone I can't really pull it off... unless it's used for say something like... a manicure.

When I saw they announced the other day that the color of 2013 was emerald green, I was pretty pumped.  Not only is it one of my favorite colors to look at, it's actually a color that works for me when incorporating pieces into my wardrobe and accessories too.  

To show how much I like the color, besides just wearing a top in emerald green when the mood strikes... it also happens to be the accent wall color in my bedroom (mine is of the darker emerald green variety).  So, obviously I like it enough that I was willing to go so far as painting the color, on a wall behind my bed. 

After looking around to see what great new products were on the market as of late, I thought I'd share a few of my favorites that I found and that I'd love to get my hands on! 






1.) Perfect Lamp for Your Desk2.) Flattering shift dress, 3.) Wishful thinking Emerald and Diamond Drop Earrings, 4.) Seeing Green Sunglasses, 5.) Going Incognito Nail Polish6.) Emerald Leather Tote , 7.) Waterford Glass Set
8.) Green Suede Ankle Boots

xoxo
Meg



No comments: