Thursday, August 23, 2012

Gluten-Free Peach and Strawberry Crumb Muffins

My breakfast's are usually pretty standard... they mostly consist of a combination of greek yogurt, fruit and a coffee.  Since I'm usually rushing around in the morning I tend to stick to whatever is quick and easy when it comes to the first meal of the day...

I had some free time on Sunday afternoon and decided I was going to make some things ahead of time for the week ahead.  


While I was making my standby granola recipe, I realized the peaches I had bought were getting to be overripe so instead of throwing them out I decided I'd use them to whip up a batch a Gluten-Free Peach and Strawberry Muffins with a Crumb Topping for a little more of an indulgent breakfast treat.  























Ingredients
2-1/2 cups Pamela's Mix 
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla 

1 cup of peaches
1 cup of strawberries

Crumb Topping:
1 cup of Pamela's Mix flour
1 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of diced butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Cinnamon

Method:
Mix together flour and sugar, add vanilla, generous sprinkle of cinnamon and then mix in butter using a fork until mixture is crumbly. 
  Method
Makes: approximately 12 muffins

Mix all ingredients together and spoon 2/3 full into paper muffin cups.  Spoon crumb mixture on top of each muffin.  Bake in preheated 350º oven for approximately 25 minutes.


xoxo
Meg